Enter legal issue and location
Garden City Matrimonial and family law Lawyer
Mr. Grossman's work in the field of matrimonial and family law began almost twenty years ago when clients who benefitted from his representation in commercial matters sought his representation in matrimonial disputes. He is experienced in all aspects of matrimonial and family law matters including pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, separation agreements, child custody and visitation issues, relocation disputes, child support and spousal support (maintenance) issues, equitable distribution of assets and liabilities, valuation issues, as well as post-judgment enforcement and modification proceedings. Mr. Grossman is also experienced in appellate practice. His business and commercial experience gives him the benefit of a practical perspective on complex financial issues that often arise in matrimonial disputes. Mr. Grossman has also been called upon to act as a "special prosecutor" for certain local municipalities from time to time, and also serves as a fee dispute arbitrator, and as a Special Master from time to time as well.
Mr. Grossman is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell®. He has also been selected as a New York Super Lawyer in family law each year since 2012, an honor bestowed on a small percentage of attorneys in a particular area of practice. His affiliations include the Matrimonial Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, the Publications Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, amd the Family Law Section of the New York State Bar Association. He has also served as a member of the Board of Directors of a Housing Authority and was President of a Co-op Board. Mr. Grossman has lectured on topics in matrimonial and family law, and has authored articles including "Unpaid Fees and Fee Dispute Arbitration" (Nassau Lawyer, Vol. 61, No. 9, May 2012), "The Child Support Lottery" (Family Law Review, New York State Bar Association, Vol. 43, No. 1), and "The Trivialization of Fault as a Factor Effecting Equitable Distribution" (Family Law Review, New York State Bar Association, Vol. 40, No. 3).
Mr. Grossman is admitted to practice law in New York, Washington, D.C., before the U.S. Southern and Eastern District Courts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals in the Second Circuit. He has also appeared in other jurisdictions at the request of clients and with the assistance of local counsel. He holds a B.A. from New York University and a Juris Doctor from The University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated with honors, was an Articles and Comments Editor for the University of Miami Entertainment & Sports Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Board.
"One of our highest compliments is having been recommended by our adversaries, and by adverse parties."
About Robert S. Grossman Esq.
- Matrimonial and family law
- Real estate
- Commercial litigation and appeals
Current Employment Position(s)
- Managing Partner
- New Jersey, 1996
- New York, 1996
- District of Columbia, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2009
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers , 2008 - Present (Fellow )
- Nassau County Bar Association, Matrimonial Law Committee
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
Honors: With Honors
Honors: Member of the Moot Court Board
Law Review: University of Miami Entertainment & Sports Law Review, Articles and Comments Editor
- New York University
Other Sources of Feedback About Robert S. Grossman
Included on the 2023 New York Metro list
- 2022 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2021 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2020 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2019 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2018 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2017 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2016 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2015 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2014 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2013 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2012 New York — Metro Super Lawyers list
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- New York Super Lawyer in family law each year since 2012
300 Garden City PlazaSuite 226 Garden City, NY 11530
Accepts Credit Cards
- "Unpaid Fees and Fee Dispute Arbitration” (Nassau Lawyer, Vol. 61, No. 9, May 2012)
- "The Child Support Lottery" (Family Law Review, New York State Bar Association, Vol. 43, No. 1)
- "The Trivialization of Fault as a Factor Effecting Equitable Distribution" (Family Law Review, New York State Bar Association, Vol. 40, No. 3)
- To Challenge or Not to Challenge? Recent Developments Dealing with Pre-nuptial and Post-nuptial Agreements, The Family Law Review - New York State Bar Assn, 2013
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required