Enter legal issue and location
Tampa Business & Commercial Law Lawyer
In her more than thirty years of business and legal experience, she has served as the chief restructuring officer, chief administrative officer, chief legal officer and Business Unit Manager to several national and multi-national business organizations. As an attorney, she has represented clients in a wide range of legal transactions including complex commercial, ecommerce, technology, real estate, financial restructuring and employment matters. She has served as an ombudsman in employment, elder care, NAACP, creditor and shareholder matters and has worked with a number of different international unions to resolve concerns. Most recently she has been engaged to help business partners and owners as a neutral mediator or arbitrator resolve disputes and differences so that their businesses can operate more effectively. Her work includes mediating and negotiating buy-sell agreements, partner or member buy-outs and new partner or member admissions for LLCs, partnerships and corporations.
Ms. Walk is a Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent (AV)-rated lawyer for more than 15 years, has been consistently named as one of the Top Lawyers in Tampa Bay since moving to Florida in 2007 and is included in Martindale-Hubbell's inaugural and all subsequent editions of its Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers (2011-present). A graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Law and Colgate University, she is a Florida Supreme Court Circuit Civil, Family and Appellate certified mediator, licensed to practice law in the States of Florida and Ohio, and is a member of the America Bar Association, the Hillsborough County Bar Association and the Florida Academy of Professional Mediators. She has been awarded the Leo Levinson Award for Leadership, and has been recognized by the YWCA as a Woman of Professional Excellence and by the Tampa Jewish Community Federation as a Woman of Distinction. She volunteers for SCORE as a presenter on various business topics and serves on the Boards of a number of not-for-profit community agencies in the Tampa Bay area, including a community foundation and assisted living facility. Previously, she served on the Board of a Crisis Nursery.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.