Roland J. Tong - Irvine, CA
19800 MacArthur Blvd.#900Irvine, CA 92612
Irvine Intellectual Property Lawyer
Mr. Tong has also served as General Counsel and In-house IP Counsel for industry leading companies. In these capacities, Mr. Tong built their IP portfolios, conducted brainstorming sessions with their inventors, prepared various types of IP agreements, and designed and implemented IP review systems for their products so that IP infringement risks are minimized.
Mr. Tong devotes half of his practice in Intellectual Property Litigation. He handles various forms of IP Litigation, including patent, trademark, copyright, and trade dress infringement and unfair competition. Mr. Tong has represented clients in several jurisdictions, including California, Texas, and Ohio. Cases handled by Mr. Tong includes defending companies accused of infringing utility or design patents in various industries, such as the automotive industry, mobile phone accessories, residential window coverings manufacturing, wire handling equipment, custom motorcycle manufacturing, and printer cartridge remanufacturing industries.
Passionate about all areas of IP law, he has authored various legal articles that have been published in highly respected publications and newsletters. For four consecutive years, Mr. Tong has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Only 5% of the practicing attorneys in Southern California receive this distinction.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.