For more than 20 years, Shannon Welch has successfully represented clients in many areas of civil litigation including will contests and trust litigation, fiduciary litigation, professional negligence, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, and family partnership disputes. In addition to her trial practice, Ms. Welch is a proponent of a wide variety of alternative dispute resolution processes. She is trained in collaborative law and mediation, and has completed her Master of Arts in Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.