Enter legal issue and location
Kinston Tax, Qualified Retirement Plans, Lawyer
Chris is licensed to practice before all North Carolina State Courts, as well as the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. Although currently on inactive status due to the location of his practice in North Carolina, Chris is also licensed to practice in the state of Georgia. He is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Eighth Judicial District Bar Association and the Georgia State Bar.
Chris's practice is concentrated in the areas of tax, qualified retirement plans, estate planning, estate administration, business planning, corporations and limited liability companies. He was awarded the Certified Pension Consultant (CPC) credential through the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA) in November of 2008. He is Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. Chris was selected to North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2009.
Chris was a featured speaker at the 2010 Trust Advisors forum in Pinehurst, NC. The forum is held annually and sponsored by the Trust Education Foundation, Inc. of Campbell University.
Away from his practice, Chris enjoys playing and coaching soccer and long-distance running. He has the law firm’s best coin collection.
Recent cases/transactions of note:
• Assisted beneficiary of estate in petitioning Clerk of Court for hearing to remove executor for default and misconduct.
• Assisted executor of estate in preparing and filing Form 706 United States Estate Tax Return and Form A-101 North Carolina Estate Tax Return.
• Assisted medical practice in setting up safe harbor §401(k) plan and maintaining plan in document compliance, including amendment of plan's allocation formula for cross-testing.
• Assisted medical practice in termination of retirement plan including submission of Form 5310 Application for Determination Upon Termination of Plan to Internal Revenue Service.
• Assisted medical practice with revision of stock purchase and redemption agreement and shareholder-physician employment agreements.
• Assisted numerous clients with the drafting of wills (including estate tax planning), durable powers of attorney (including gifting powers), health care powers of attorney and living wills.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required