Dallas Bankruptcy Lawyer
In May of 2002, Ms. Curtis was chosen as the top bankruptcy lawyer and the 16th best lawyer in Dallas under 40 by her peers, as listed in "Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas," D Magazine, May and August 2002 editions.
In May of 2003, Ms. Curtis was chosen as one the best lawyers in Dallas by her peers, as listed in "Best Lawyers in Dallas," D Magazine, May 2003 edition. In May of 2004, Ms. Curtis was again chosen as one of the "Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40" as listed in D Magazine, May 2004 edition. She was named as a Texas Rising Star for 2004 in the Texas Monthly and Texas Rising Stars Magazines, July editions and a Texas Super Lawyer for 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 in the Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyer Magazines, October and July editions. Ms. Curtis was also chosen as one of the "Dynamic Women of Dallas" in 2005, 2006, and 2007, and as one of the "Top Attorneys and Law Firms of Dallas" in 2006 by Modern Luxury Magazine. SuperLawyers.com voted her in April 2007 as one of the "Nation's Top 5% of Attorneys".
Since founding Curtis | Castillo PC, Ms. Curtis has also founded US Cat Adjusters, an independent adjusting company; an active fee office under the umbrella of Federal Title, Inc.; and other business enterprises in the restaurant, and financial services industries.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.