Enter legal issue and location
Hartford Civil Litigation Lawyer
Attorney Sobin received his undergraduate degree from Providence College, and his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law. During his first year of law school, Attorney Sobin clerked for the Honorable Alfred V. Covello, Senior United States District Judge. Thereafter, Attorney Sobin clerked for the City of Hartford's Corporation Counsel, State Senator Paul Doyle, and was an Honors Law Clerk for the United States Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C. Attorney Sobin received the CALI Excellence for the future award in Historic Preservation Law and Public Policy. Attorney Sobin also had the privilege of being one of UConn Law's first students to graduate with an Energy and Environmental Law Certificate.
Settlements & Verdicts
June 4, 2019, Attorney Sobin secures $350,000.00 settlement for his client, a university student that was involved in a motor vehicle accident near campus. The accident involved six parties, with Attorney Sobin's client receiving the highest amount in the settlement. Attorney Sobin procured the settlement without his client having to go through the stresses of a deposition by posturing early and aggressively with evidentiary support.
July 6, 2017, Attorney Sobin secures $17,090.78 jury award after full trial to verdict in Hartford Superior Court following motor vehicle accident. Defendant contested causation as related to plaintiff's injuries.
May 17, 2017, Attorney Sobin secures $100,000 settlement, representing the policy limits attached to operative vehicle, for his client without having to file suit following motor vehicle accident in which client received scarring to face.
May 26, 2016, Attorney Sobin secures $206,953.53 jury award after full jury trial to verdict in New London Superior Court. The award represents the fourth highest verdict in the State for Premises Liability cases in 2016 (Connecticut Law Tribune, Top Verdicts and Settlements 2016). Read more here
About Stephen P. Sobin
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Motor Vehicle Infractions
- Defense of Minor Criminal Matters
- Land Use
- Connecticut, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2018
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut, May, 2012
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island, May, 2007
Honors: Political Science National Honor Society
Major: Political Science
Fraternities and Sororities
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Honorable Alfred V. Covello, Senior United States District Judge, Clerk
- City of Hartford’s Corporation Counsel, Clerk
- State Senator Paul Doyle, Clerk
- United States Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C., Honors Law Clerk
Other Sources of Feedback About Stephen P. Sobin
Included on the 2022 Connecticut list
- 2021 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- CALI Excellence for the future Award: Historic Preservation Law and Public Policy
- EPA Honors Law-Clerk Clinical Legal Education Program, Washington, D.C.
100 Pearl Street Hartford, CT 06103
Accepts Credit Cards
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required