Enter legal issue and location
Asheville Estate planning and estate administration Lawyer
Susan assists individuals and families with estate planning and estate administration, from drafting the initial estate plans to handling the administration of estates. As part of her estate planning practice, Susan prepares wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney and living wills, and advises clients on tax planning, trusts for minor or incompetent beneficiaries, business succession planning, and planned giving.
Susan's experience in the development of residential communities has given her an understanding of the requirements of the North Carolina Planned Community Act, and she regularly assists property owners in the development of restrictive covenants and association governing documents; homeowners’ association boards in the review and amendment of restrictive covenants and management of associations; and home owners in negotiations with their association boards.
Susan also represents clients in the formation, management and operation of business entities, homeowners’ associations, and charitable organizations. This often includes preparing documents to establish entities; drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts, transactional documents, leases, and various agreements; and preparing resolutions, minutes, buy-sell agreements and other governance documents. Susan also currently serves as the Town Attorney for the Town of Montreat.
About Susan Taylor Rash
- Estate planning and estate administration
- Homeowner's associations
Current Employment Position(s)
- North Carolina, 1989
- North Carolina Bar Association, 1989 - 2017
- 28th Judicial District Bar, 1989 - 2017
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia, 1989
Honors: cum laude
Law Review: Georgia Law Review, Articles Editor, 1987 - 1989
- Clemson University, 1986
English, Master of Arts
- Clemson University, Clemson, 1982
Honors: summa cum laude
- Adams Hendon Carson Crow & Saenger, P.A., Partner, 1989 - 2017
Pro Bono Activities
- Mountain Area Volunteer Lawyers, 1989 - 2017
Classes and Seminars
- A Woman's Guide to Financial and Estate Planning , NC Center for Creative Retirement (team taught with Linda Saylor, formerly of Wells Fargo Advisors), - 2011
- Woodruff Scholarship Recipient, University of Georgia School of Law, 1986 - 1989
- Fulbright Study Grant, 1983 - 1984
- English Honor Key, Clemson University, 1982
- Phi Kappa Phi
29 North Market StreetSuite 300 Asheville, NC 28801
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required