Enter legal issue and location
New York Complex Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Tania Pagan's breadth of experience also includes representing seriously injured workers in labor law construction accidents, accident victims of general negligence and sexually assaulted plaintiffs.
She is skilled negotiator and is the firm's lead attorney for major case settlements particularly for totally disabled or mentally incapacitated plaintiffs, brain damaged at birth infants requiring life care planning and estates recovering for wrongful death and pain and suffering of their deceased loved ones. Mrs. Pagan is experienced in obtaining court approval in complex infant and death compromise proceedings including those needing trusts, involving New York's Medical Indemnity Fund and/or structured settlement annuities providing streams of income for long term needs.
Tania Pagan's knowledge and experience as civil litigator well compliments her advocacy as an appellate lawyer. She has prosecuted and argued numerous state and federal appeals, including having argued in New York's highest court, the Court of Appeals. Mrs. Pagan's sharp and successful appellate advocacy on behalf of her clients distinguishes her among civil litigators.
Mrs. Pagan graduated from the University at Albany, SUNY and received her B.A. degree in 1985. She then graduated and received her J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law in 1989 and was admitted to the New York State Bar, New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division Frist Department in 1990. She is admitted to the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and has been admitted pro hac vice to the United States District Court for the Districts of Puerto Rico and Hawaii in addition to multiple state courts of New Jersey. Her professional memberships include the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Women's Bar Association of the State of New York and the Women Trial Lawyers Caucus in NYC.
About Tania M. Pagan
- Complex Medical Malpractice
- Municipal Liability
- Labor Law Construction Accidents
- General Negligence Matters
Current Employment Position(s)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii, pro hac vice
- New Jersey
- New York State Bar (Member, 1990)
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York Women's Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- American Business Women's Association (Member)
- Parents League of New York (Member)
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York, 1989
- SUNY, Albany, 1984
Other Sources of Feedback About Tania M. Pagan
Included on the 2015 New York Metro list
- 2014 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2011 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
805 Third AvenueSuite 1205 New York, NY 10022
- (212) 967-8794
Accepts Credit Cards
- Zoraida Montalvo, Individually and as Administratrix of the Estate of Juana Montalvo Colon v. Carlos Gonzalez-Amparo, M.D., et.al. (United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2009; oral argument held in Puerto Rico)
- Sandy Santana v. The City of New York (Appellate Division, First Department 2008)
- Manuel Galarraga v. The City of New York (Appellate Division, Second Department 2008)
- Orlando Mendez, an infant by his mother and natural guardian Lucia Gomez v. Dr. John White, etc., et al., defendants, New York Methodist Hospital, respondent (Appellate Division, First Department 2007)
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required