Omaha Workers' Compensation Law Lawyer
Thomas Dowd graduated from Creighton University Law School in 1963. He has served as a labor trial attorney for the National Labor Relations Board, an Assistant US Attorney for the District of Nebraska and an Assistant Omaha City Attorney. Since 1974, he has been in private practice, specializing in trial of personal injury, workers' compensation, discrimination actions, public and private sector labor litigation, labor negotiations and arbitration of grievances.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.