Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Enter legal issue and location

William J. Howard - Rockford, IL

124 N. Water StreetSuite 100 Rockford, IL 61107- 3960

Learn More

Updated: 09/21/2018

Rockford Complex Estate Planning Lawyer


William J. Howard specializes in the areas of complex estate planning, probate, real estate and serving as corporate counsel for numerous small and medium sized corporate clients including the Rock River Water Reclamation District, Mainstreet Financial Group, Ltd., and Pearl Lake Club, Inc.

Mr. Howard served on the Board of Directors of Vintage Mutual Funds of Des Moines Iowa overseeing over two billion dollars of investments and is a member of the Winnebago County Bar Association...

Map Location

Google Map

How do I choose a lawyer?

Consider the following:

Comfort Level
- Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?

- How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?

- How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?

- Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?

Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?

Here are a few to get you started:

  • How long have you been in practice?
  • How many cases like mine have you handled?
  • How often do you settle cases out of court?
  • What are your fees and costs?
  • What are the next steps?

Want to check lawyer discipline?

It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:

  • Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
  • Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
  • Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.

Find a Lawyer

More Options