San Jose Estate Planning Law Firm
Our law office offers assistance with estate administration...
Our law office offers assistance with estate administration...For more than 20 years, the Law Offices of Berge & Berge have delivered honed representation for estate planning and trust matters in San Jose, California. As a graduate of Santa Clara University, our founder and managing partner, James Berge, is deeply connected to the South Bay community. He leverages a master's degree in tax law and experience as a California Certified Public Accountant to provide unparalleled counsel to clients.
Our law office offers assistance with estate administration as well as a full range of traditional planning documents, such as wills, trusts and guardianships. We help our clients avoid probate and prepare their finances before they are unable to manage their own affairs. Our attorneys also help with niche issues pertaining to:
• Asset protection
• Business successions
• Public benefits
• Special needs
• Tax considerations
In an effort to give people as much information as possible and put them in charge, we offer customized planning via our 3-Step Master Plan. Each client receives a comprehensive seminar and designs an estate plan based on his or her goals before our attorneys review and prepare the final product. We also provide annual account maintenance with our convenient LifePlan. The Law Offices of Berge & Berge invite prospective clients from across the San Jose metropolitan area to call us and set up a consultation to discuss your case and propose the best solution to your estate planning needs. We accept checks and credit cards as payment for all our services.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.