Enter legal issue and location
Oklahoma City Civil Litigation Lawyer
Art is a native Texan, raised through high school in St. Louis, and a permanent Okie since 1971. He concentrates his practice in the areas of Civil Litigation, Contracts, Property & Environmental, Energy & Commercial Law.
About Arthur W. Schmidt
Current Employment Position(s)
- Of Counsel
- Civil Litigation
- Contracts Law
- Environmental Law
- Commercial Law
- Energy Law
- Antioch Energy
- SandStone Energy Acquisitions, Inc.
- Oxley Energy, LLC
- Arvine Pipe and Supply Co.
- Oklahoma, 1979
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, 1979 - Present (Member)
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 1979 - Present (Member)
- American Bar Association, 1980 - Present (Member)
- Oklahoma City Association of Petroleum Landmen, 1980 - Present (Member)
- Norman Youth Soccer Association, 1988 - 2002 (Past Coach & Board Member)
- Boy Scouts of America, 1988 - Present (Scout Master, Silver Beaver, District Committee, Council Committee)
- St. Mark Catholic Church, 1995 - 2015 (Council Member, Finance Board, Legal Counsel)
- Varsity Club/Phillips University
Classes and Seminars
- Pipeline Statutes and Gathering Fees, Oklahoma City COPAS Committee, 2003
- Gas Balancing, A Primer, Oklahoma City COPAS Committee, 2001
- Admissibility of Expert Testimony in Oil & Gas Pollution Cases, Oklahoma College of Law - Kuntz Seminar, 2005
- Watson, McKenzie & Moricoli, Associate Attorney, 1979 - 1981
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma, 1979
- Phillips University, Enid, Oklahoma, 1976
Honors: cum laude
- Kevin Dunnington, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Gregg Byram, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Mike Oxley, Houston, Texas
- Ron Irvine, Norman, Oklahoma
300 NE 1st Street Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Other Sources of Feedback About Arthur W. Schmidt
Included on the 2023 Oklahoma list
- 2022 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2008 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2007 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2006 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- Boy Scouts of America Silver Beaver Award, 1998
- Norman Rotary Club Four Way Citizenship Award, 1999
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.