Enter legal issue and location
Los Angeles Entertainment Litigation Lawyer
OverviewAll aspects of business litigation including entertainment, real estate and construction defect, and intellectual property disputes. First-chair trial, arbitration and mediation experience; primary responsibility for representing clients in significant disputes involving talent, film and television production and distribution companies, investors, lenders, developers, property owners and other businesses.
About Paul N. Sorrell
Current Employment Position(s)
- Entertainment Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Defects Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Sybersound Records, Inc. v. UAV Corp., 517 F.3d 1137 (2008)
- A&E Television Networks, LLC v. Pivot Point Entertainment, LLC, 771 F. Supp. 2d 296 (2011)
- California, 1986
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1986
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Century City Bar Association (Member)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California, 1986
- Whittier College, Whittier, California, 1983
Honors: Most Outstanding Scholar-Athlete 1983, Ben Burnett Award
Honors: Dean’s List
Major: Political Science
- Attacks on Medical Staff Self-Governance Intensify (Co-Author) Southern California Psychiatrist, Apr, 1989
2049 Century Park EastSuite 2400 Los Angeles, CA 90067- 2906
Other Sources of Feedback About Paul N. Sorrell
Included on the 2023 Southern California list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.