Enter legal issue and location
Harrisburg Construction Law and Litigation Lawyer
About John G. Milakovic
Current Employment Position(s)
- Construction Law and Litigation 90%
- Commercial Litigation 5%
- General Practice 5%
- Hagerstown Elderly Assocs. v. Hagerstown Elderly Building Associates, 793 A.2d 579 (Maryland Court of Appeals 2002)
- AccuWeather v. Prospect Communications, 644 A.2d 1251 (Pa. Superior Court 1994)
- AccuWeather v. Thomas Broadcasting, 625 A.2d 75 (PA Superior Court 1993)
- Commerce Bank/Harrisburg, N.A. v. Kessler, 46 A.3d 724 (Pa. Superior Court 2012)
- Manufacturers and Traders Trust Co. v. Greenville Gastroenterology, SC, A.3d 2015 WL 272427 (PA Superior Court 2015)
- Pennsylvania, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- American Bar Association, 1981 - Present (Member)
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, 2006 - Present (Member, Construction Law Committee )
Classes and Seminars
- Collecting and Enforcing Judgments, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 1994
- Advanced Construction Law in Pennsylvania, National Business Institute, 2002
- A Practical Approach to Mechanic's Liens, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2005
- Construction Law: What Do You Do When ... ? , National Business Institute, 2007 - Present
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, 1981
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1978
Honors: summa cum laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Accepts Credit Cards
- Industry Self-Regulation to "Make a Market', Barrister Magazine, American Bar Association, Summer, 1990
- Co-Author, Advanced Construction Law in Pennsylvania, National Business Institute, 2002
- Co-Author, Construction Law: What Do You Do When...?, National Business Institute, 2007
212 N Third StSuite 301 Harrisburg, PA 17101
Monday to Friday 8:30AM to 5:00 PM
Other Sources of Feedback About John G. Milakovic
Included on the 2023 Pennsylvania list
- 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- Marquis Who's Who in American Law
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.