Enter legal issue and location
Buffalo Real Estate Law Lawyer
As a Real Property Law Specialist certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association since 1994, Jan has counseled clients through a wide variety of real estate transactions, ranging from complex commercial and residential development projects to assisting clients with the purchase or sale of a home. In the areas of Estate Planning, Jan has been recognized as a Five Star Wealth Manager in Twin Cities Business and Mpls. St. Paul Magazines. He is experienced in counseling clients with a wide range of needs - from drafting complex Wills and Trusts for large estates, to planning for persons with special needs, and planning for young couples and individuals with minor children.
Jan is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the 18th District Bar Association. Community service is important to Jan. He has volunteered his time to serve on the Minnesota Department of Health Newborn Screening Advisory Committee, Elim Care Foundation Board, Buffalo Hospital Ethics Committee, Boy Scouts, and various positions and committees at his church. Jan is married to his wife, Lib, and together they have two adult sons.
About Jan C. Larson
Current Employment Position(s)
- Real Estate Law
- Wills & Trusts/Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Business Organizations
- Minnesota, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1986
Specialties and Certifications
- Real Property Law Specialist, certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association, since 1994
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Member)
- 18th District Bar Association (Member)
Pro Bono Activities
- Minnesota Department of Health Newborn Screening Advisory Committee, Volunteer
- Elim Care Foundation, Volunteer
- Buffalo Hospital Ethics Committee, Volunteer
- Church Board, St. John’s Lutheran Church
- Boy Scouts, Volunteer
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1986
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1982
Minor: Political Science
- Buffalo High School
Accepts Credit Cards
908 Commercial Dr. Buffalo, MN 55313
- (763) 682-4465
Monday - Friday : 8am – 5pm
- Five Star Wealth Manager, Twin Cities Business Magazine
- Five Star Wealth Manager, Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.