Houston Social Security-Disability Law Firm
The Makris Law Firm, P.C. is located in Houston, Texas. We recently celebrated our 36th year of practice. Victor Makris is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. We provide legal services to individuals and business clients. We represent and advise clients in the areas of personal injury, social security disability, private long term disability, Texas State Employees Retirement System (ERS) long term disability appeals, business organizations, family law, probate, real estate law, tax appraisal appeals, bankruptcy, and other legal areas.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.