Enter legal issue and location
Knoxville Employment Law Firm
While we remain successful in representing our clients' interests in union organizing campaigns, all NLRB matters, employment law litigation matters and immigration/ nationality issues, our firm also retains more traditional legal roles. Our sophisticated litigation practice ranges from proceedings before state and federal governmental agencies to trials at all levels of state and federal courts. Our attorneys have successfully defended against all types of employment discrimination and wrongful discharge claims. Affiliated firms have successfully defended class action, trade secrets, tax, pension and benefits lawsuits.Wimberly Lawson strives to deliver the highest quality legal service in a timely, cost-effective and ethical manner. Our monthly Labor Relations Bulletin keeps clients abreast of labor and employment issues as they occur. We also present an annual update conference that summarizes the past year's developments while anticipating future legal trends. Our attorneys maintain their competitive edge by writing articles, attending legal education courses and preparing and delivering seminars sponsored by many national, regional and local organizations. SUMMARY OF SERVICES Employment Law Practice Traditional Labor Law Practice - Management Only Employment Litigation Practice - Defense Only Workers' Compensation Law Practice Insurance Law Practice Governmental and Non-Profit Practice Supervisory and Non-Supervisory Training Business and Commercial Law Practice Immigration Law
Certification as Labor, Employment, Commercial and Immigration/Nationality Law Specialists is not currently available in Tennessee by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education & Specialization and the Firm does not claim any specialization in the above listed areas.
About Wimberly Lawson Wright Daves & Jones, PLLC
- Employment Law
- Labor Relations (Management)
- Discrimination (Defense)
- Immigration and Naturalization
- Wage and Hour
- Environmental Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Employee Benefits Law
- Workers' Compensation (Defense)
- Wrongful Discharge
- Litigation in all State and Federal Courts
- Bayou Steel
- Berkline, LLC
- Bush Brothers Foods
- Carlex Glass Co.
- Clayton Homes
- Cookeville Regional Medical Center
- Cumberland Medical Center
- DeRoyal Industries
- The H.T. Hackney Company
- Lawler-Wood, Inc.
- La-Z-Boy Logistics
- Mahle, Inc.
- MasterCraft Boat Co.
- Matsushita Electronic Components Corp. of America
- Morristown-Hamblen Hospital
- OOZX USA, Inc.
- PBR Automotive
- Pilot Oil Corp.
- Staffing Solutions
- Toyoda TRW Automotive, Inc.
- University of Tennessee Medical Center
- Wallace Pro Hardware
- Uster, Inc.
- Zurich-American Insurance Co.
- K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. (Food City Stores)
- Kelly A. Campbell (Member)
- Jeffrey M. Cranford (Senior Associate)
- J. Eric Harrison (Member)
- Andrew J. Hebar (Member)
- G. Gerard Jabaley (Regional Managing Member)
- Howard B. Jackson (Member)
- T. Joseph Lynch III (Member)
- Carol R. Merchant (Consultant)
- Mary Celeste Moffatt (Member)
- Rebecca Brake Murray (Of Counsel)
- Jerome D. Pinn (Member)
- William R. Seale (Of Counsel)
- Edward H. Trent (Member)
Bank of America Center 550 Main Avenue Suite 900 P.O. Box 2231 Knoxville, TN 37901- 2231
- (865) 546-1001
Wimberly Lawson Wright Daves & Jones, PLLC 929 West First North Street P.O Box 1066 Morristown, TN 37816 - 1066 (423) 587-6870
Wimberly Lawson Wright Daves & Jones, PLLC 1420 Neal Street, Suite 201 P.O. Box 655 Cookeville, TN 38501 (931) 372-9123
Wimberly Lawson Wright Daves & Jones, PLLC 545 Mainstream Drive Suite 413 Nashville, TN 37228 615-727-1000
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.