Enter legal issue and location
2240 W Ogden Ave Chicago, IL 60612- 4220
Cook County Public Defender (Main Office) Suite 400 200 West Adams Street Chicago, IL 60606 - 5215 (312) 609-2040
Cook County Public Defender Homicide Task Force Suite 400 200 West Adams Street Chicago, IL 60606 - 5215 (312) 609-2040
Cook County Public Defender 16501 S Kedzie Pkwy Markham, IL 60426 - 5509 (708) 210-4360
Cook County Public Defender Training Div 2650 S California Ave Chicago, IL 60608 - 5146 (773) 890-3217
Cook County Public Defender 2nd Municipal Dist 5600 Old Orchard Rd Skokie, IL 60077 - 1051 (847) 470-7400
Cook County Public Defender Fifth Municipal Div Appellate Div 10220 S 76th Ave Bridgeview, IL 60455 - 2427 (708) 974-6470
Cook County Public Defender Felony Division Evening Narcotic Court 2650 S California Ave Chicago, IL 60608 - 5146 (773) 890-3217
Cook County Public Defender Felony Trial Division 2650 S. California Chicago, IL 60608 (773) 869-3217
Cook County Public Defender First Municipal Div. 200 W Adams St 9th Fl Chicago, IL 60606 - 5208 (312) 609-2040
Cook County Public Defender 1st Municipal-Early Entry Unit 2650 S California Ave Chicago, IL 60608 - 5146 (773) 890-3217
Cook County Public Defender First Municipal-Traffic Division 321 N Lasalle St Chicago, IL 60610 - 4703 (312) 822-3565
Cook County Public Defender Mental Health Division Suite 700 2650 S California Ave Chicago, IL 60608 - 5146 (773) 890-3217
Cook County Public Defender Third Municipal Div 2121 Euclid Ave Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 - 1500 (847) 818-2470
Cook County Public Defender 4th Municipal 1500 May Brook Dr Maywood, IL 60153 - 2435 (708) 865-6140
Cook County Public Defender First Municipal Library 1340 S Michigan Chicago, IL 60605 - 2603 (312) 341-2730
Cook County Public Defenders Office Juvenile Division 2240 W Ogden Ave Chicago, IL 60612 - 4220 (312) 433-7047
Cook County Public Defender Multiple Def Unit Libry 2240 W Ogden 3rd Fl Chicago, IL 60612 - 4220 (312) 738-4700
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.