Enter legal issue and location
New York Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Mrs. Merrill is a registered nurse with clinical experience in critical care and coronary care nursing...
Mrs. Merrill is a registered nurse with clinical experience in critical care and coronary care nursing... Monica Risi Merrill has been with the firm since 1977. She is the attorney in charge of the Medical Malpractice Department, and has been involved in cases involving all specialty areas of medicine, including internal medicine, surgery, anesthesiology, orthopaedics and maternal and child health.
Mrs. Merrill is a registered nurse with clinical experience in critical care and coronary care nursing. Her educational and clinical preparation provide her with a high level of knowledge and expertise in medical malpractice cases. She has been responsible for hundreds of medical malpractice actions brought to successful financial conclusion. $6,000,000 for brain damage suffered by a 17 year old during a gynecologic procedure; $17,000,000 for the wrongful death of a businessman as a result of a delay in intestinal surgery.
Mrs. Merrill has extensive expertise in case analysis, evaluation, research, preparation and discovery proceedings. She has taken sworn testimony from hundreds of physicians, nurses and medical workers. She is also experienced in all aspects of complex products liability litigation involving medical devices, equipment and pharmaceutical preparations.
Mrs. Merrill is a graduate of Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing and New York Law School. She is admitted in the New York State Courts, United States Federal Courts of both the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, the United States Supreme Court and is a member of the New York State Bar Association.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
FindLaw.com is doing its part in combating fake reviews. All reviews:
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.