Enter legal issue and location
Ridgeland Aviation Lawyer
About Phil B. Abernethy
Current Employment Position(s)
- Catastrophic Events and Major Claims
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction and Building Products Litigation
- Economic Development
- Governmental Litigation
- Toxic Torts, Asbestos and Silica Litigation
- Mississippi, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Construction Litigation Committee
- American Bar Association, Construction Committee
- American Bar Association, Forum Committee
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Fidelity and Surety Committee
- American Arbitration Association, Mississippi Advisory Counsel
- National Arbitration Forum (Certified Arbitrator)
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi, 1978
Honors: cum laude
Law Journal: Mississippi Law Journal , Note Editor
- Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi, 1972
- Co-Author, "United States: The Legality and Advantages of Construction Management, Mondaq Business Briefing, November, 2010
Renaissance at Colony Park1020 Highland Colony ParkwaySuite 1400 Ridgeland, MS 39157
- (601) 985-4500
Other Sources of Feedback About Phil B. Abernethy
Included on the 2023 Mid-South list
- 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2008 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2007 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- AV-rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation: Construction
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.