Enter legal issue and location
Ridgeland Data Security and Privacy Lawyer
About W. Eugene Magee
Current Employment Position(s)
- Data Security and Privacy
- Economic Development
- Employee Benefits
- State and Local Tax
- Taxation of Businesses
- Mississippi, 1978
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section (Committee on Audit Responses)
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section (Employee Benefits Committee )
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section (State and Local Tax Committee)
- National Lawyers Association
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Tax Division
- Mississippi Bar, Taxation Section
- Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants, 2004 - 2006 (Board of Governors)
- Christian Legal Society
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi, 1978
Honors: cum laude
Honors: With Honors
Law Journal: Mississippi Law Journal, Business Manager
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, 1979
Law Review: Tax Law Review, Graduate Editor
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi, 1973
- Mississippi Contributor, Journal of Multi-State Taxation and Incentives
Renaissance at Colony Park1020 Highland Colony ParkwaySuite 1400 Ridgeland, MS 39157
- (601) 985-4500
- AV-rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits Law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Tax
- Gold Medal Award, highest grade on CPA exam in Mississippi
- Elijah Watts Sells Certificate of Honorable Mention
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.