Enter legal issue and location
West Des Moines Administrative Law Firm
About Sullivan & Ward, P.C.
- Administrative Law
- Banking & Finance Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Class Actions -- Plaintiff
- Communications & Media Law
- Construction Law
- Consumer Protection
- Custody & Visitation
- Education Law
- Employment Law -- Employee
- Employment Law -- Employer
- Energy Law
- Family Law
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Law
- Internet -- Cyberspace
- Labor Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Medical Malpractice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Nursing Home
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Railroad Worker Injury/FELA
- Real Estate Law
- Science & Technology Law
- Social Security -- Disability
- State, Local & Municipal Law
- Taxation Law
- Joseph G. Bertroche Jr. (Attorney)
- J. Mason Bump (Attorney)
- Richard R. Chabot (Retired)
- John V. Donnelly (Retired)
- David J. Hellstern (Shareholder)
- Louis R. Hockenberg (Shareholder)
- Robert M. Holliday (Of Counsel)
- Amanda A. James (Shareholder)
- Michael P. Joynt (Retired)
- Kyle Kruidenier (Attorney)
- Mark Landa (Shareholder)
- Dennis L. Puckett (Shareholder)
- John T. Ward (Retired)
Accepts Credit Cards
6601 Westown Parkway Suite 200 West Des Moines, IA 50266- 7733
- (515) 244-3599
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.