Enter legal issue and location
Libertyville Family Law Firm
About The Law Office of Robbin D. Vanderwoude
- Family Law
- Child Custody (Allocation of Parental Responsibilities)
- Visitation (Parenting Time/Parenting Plans)
- Child Support
- Alimony (Maintenance)
- Property Division
- Post-Decree Modifications
- Parentage Issues
- LGBT - Marital & Post-Decree Issues
- Robbin D Vanderwoude (Sole Practitioner)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
1580 S. Milwaukee Ave.Ste. 403 Libertyville, IL 60048- 3775
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this Law Firm
Robbin was amazing to work with during a very stressful time in my life. She was very kind, professional, knowledgeable, and always available to answer all of my many questions and concerns. Going before a judge and the opposing counsel can be a very intimidating process, Robbin did a fantastic job of preparing me for trial taking as much time as I needed. I highly recommend The Law Office of Robbin D. Vanderwoude.
Recommends this Law Firm
It is my pleasure to share my experience with Robbin D. Vanderwoude and her law firm. My divorce case is a relatively complicated one, I was married to a foreigner, we have two children together, and we have assets both in the US and foreign country, and I was desperate that I may never get divorced. Right after the consultation meeting, I have decided to engage her firm. Robbin had my marriage dissolved as quickly as in a few months though it seems impossible to divorce a foreigner, most importantly she managed to have established favorable child support articles. We reserved the right to divide the assets at a future time. During this pandemic Robbin represented me on two additional petitions against my ex. We won all three cases with favorable judgements, and Robbin is very professional and compassionate. Worthy to mention that her assistant Laura is very responsive and a true hard-worker, she actually prepared lots of paperwork for me. Most of all her law firm is very reasonable and flexible in terms of legal fees. I consider Robbin not only my lawyer but also my friend. Highly recommend!!!
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.