Enter legal issue and location
Crown Point Corporate Governance Lawyer
About David K. Ranich
Current Employment Position(s)
- Of Counsel
- Corporate Governance
- Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation
- Indiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1978
Specialties and Certifications
- alternative dispute mediator, Indiana Commission for Continuing Legal Education
- Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce (Member, Executive Committee)
- East Chicago Chamber of Commerce (Past President)
- Lake County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Burke Costanza & Cuppy LLP, Partner, 1988 - Present
- Phil M. McNagny, Jr., District Judge for the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, Hammond Division, Law Clerk, 1977 - Present
- Wilson, Donnesberger & Reid, Associate, 1978 - 1980
- Murphy McAtee Murphy & Costanza, Partner, - 1984
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey, 1977
- Indiana University, 1973
Honors: summa cum laude
Honors: Senior Honors
Fraternities and Sororities
- Beta Gamma Sigma
130 N. Main Street Crown Point, IN 46307
Monday to Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (closed 12:00-1:00), Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- May 1997 the Indiana Chamber of Commerce named Mr. Ranich as one of Indiana's 100 Most Influential Business Leaders
- AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.