Enter legal issue and location
Boise Personal Injury Lawyer
About Patrick E. Mahoney
Current Employment Position(s)
- Trial Lawyer
- Owner, Founder, and President of Mahoney Law, PLLC
- Personal Injury
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association: Eagle Member and two terms as Public Relations Chair for the Board of Directors, member of Governmental Relations Committee, recipient of Champion for Civil Justice Award, Board Member, American Association for Justice Delegate
- Member, American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum and The American Trial Lawyers Association.
- Two terms with the American Inns of Court, Inn No. 130, Boise, Idaho
Classes and Seminars
- Presenter on a variety of topics at continuing legal education courses in Idaho, including seminars on medical malpractice, personal injury law, product liability claims, and mock juries and focus groups
- Determining Case Value, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, 2022 Spring Seminar, Speaker
- Expert Witnesses Disclosures, 2018 ITLA Fall Seminar, Speaker
- Evaluation of Medical Negligence Cases, 2013 ITLA Rookie Camp, Speaker
- Gaining the Best Settlement in Auto Injury Cases, National Business Institute, July 2007, Speaker
- Taking & Defending Effective Depositions, Lorman Education, September 2007, Speaker
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Idaho State Bar for 27 years; recipient of the Idaho State Bar's Denise O'Donnell-Day Pro Bono Award
- Mahoney Law, PLLC is a member of the Boise and Meridian Chambers of Commerce. The firm is a proud supporter of Idaho M.A.D.D. and Idaho Partners Against Domestic Violence. Mahoney Law, PLLC is an Idaho Better Business Bureau accredited firm.
- Mr. Mahoney completed a three-year term on the elected Vestry (Board of Directors) of St. Michael's Episcopal Cathedral in downtown Boise. He coached his children's youth soccer teams through the Meridian Police Activities League ("P.A.L."). He is a member of the United States Golf Association, and enjoys skiing, and golf here in Idaho.
- Served as law clerk to two Idaho trial judges, the Honorable D. Duff McKee and the Honorable Alan M. Schwartzman, Fourth Judicial District, Idaho (1995-96)
- University of Idaho College of Law, Boise, Idaho, Boise, Idaho
Law Review: Idaho Law Review, Editor
- University of Washington
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Major: Political Science
- Author, Delayed Assent to Motorist Blood Alcohol Testing, Idaho Law Review, Vol. 31-1, Fall 1994
1211 W Myrtle St#350 Boise, ID 83702
- 208 947-2424
Other Sources of Feedback About Patrick E. Mahoney
Included on the 2023 Mountain States list
- 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2008 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.