Rapid City Administrative Law Firm
We have proven experience in class actions, insurance defense, personal injury, product liability, medical malpractice, and complex civil litigation cases. Whatever the legal need, our clients can rely on experienced professionals and dedicated support staff to listen, respond, and deliver results. The firm has been designated by A.M. Best Company to compile and revise the South Dakota insurance laws for inclusion in Best's Digest of Insurance Law.
Gunderson, Palmer, Nelson & Ashmore, LLP has provided a full range of legal services for over 30 years and is one of the largest, highly respected, and most widely known law firms in Western South Dakota and a multi-state region. We are conveniently located in the Assurant Building in downtown Rapid City, South Dakota.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.