St. Louis Labor Law Lawyer
Jeffrey E. Hartnett specializes in labor and employee benefit law on behalf of public and private sector labor unions and Taft-Hartley Trust Funds. Before joining Bartley Goffstein, he was a trial and supervisory attorney with the National Labor Relations Board. Mr. Hartnett has been with Bartley Goffstein since 1979. He received his undergraduate degree from Marquette University and his Juris Doctorate from Gonzaga University. Mr. Hartnett is a member of the Missouri Bar and is admitted before the United States Supreme Court, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Eastern District of Missouri and the Southern District of Wisconsin.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.