Enter legal issue and location
Charleston Insurance Coverage Issues, Bad Faith, and Agents' Liability Law Firm
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
FindLaw.com is doing its part in combating fake reviews. All reviews:
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About George J. Kefalos, P.A.
- Insurance Coverage Issues, Bad Faith, and Agents' Liability
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
- Motor and Recreational Vehicle Accident Claims
- Business and Corporate Litigation
- Consumer Protection
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- "Bad Faith Insurance Litigation,", South Carolina Practice Manual, 2000
Classes and Seminars
- Speaker, "Automobile Insurance Bad Faith,", South Carolina Bar Continuing Legal Education, 1998
- "Bad Faith Violation of Regulations,", South Carolina Bar Continuing Legal Education, 2003
- "Bad Faith Litigation in South Carolina,", NBI Continuing Legal Education, 2003
- "Bad Faith Litigation in South Carolina,", NBI Continuing Legal Education, 2004
- Esler v. United Services Auto. Association, 273 S.C. 259 255 S.C 2d 676 (1979)
- Fabri v. The Hartford Slip Copy, 69 Fed Appx. 187, 2003 WL 21571012 (4th Cir., S.C. 2003)
- Rickborn v. Liberty Life Ins. Co., 321 S.C. 291, 408 S.C. 2d 292 (S.C. 1996)
- Wade v. Berkeley County, 348 S.C. 224 559 S.L 2d 586 (S.C. 2002)
- Barnes v. Cohen Dry Wall, Inc., 357 S.C. 280 592 S.C. 2d 311 (S.C. App. 2003)
- Future Group, II v. Nationsbank, 324 S.C. 89, 478 S.E.2d 45 (S.C. 1996)
- Harold Tyner Development Builders, Inc. v. Firstmark Development Corp., 311 S.C. 447 429 S.E.2d 819 (S.C. App. 1993)
- Gathers By and Through Hutchinson v. South Carolina Elec. and Gas Co., 311 S.C. 81 477 SL 2d 687 (S.C. App. 1993)
- Grego v. South Carolina Nat. Bank, 283 S.C. 546 324 SL 2d 94 (S.C. App. 1984)
- Stewart v. Amusements of America, 155 F.3d 56, 1998 Wl 405868 (4th Cir S.C. 1998)
- George J. Kefalos (Sole Practitioner)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
46A State Street Charleston, SC 29401- 3008
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.