Enter legal issue and location
Tacoma Adoption Lawyer
I have been working with adoptions for many years, both as an attorney, and as a social worker specializing in adoptions. I have the experience you need to make sure that your adoption goes smoothly, and that the result is a happy one for you and your family.
About Candace S. Zygar
Current Employment Position(s)
- Attorney at Law/Owner
Year Joined Firm
- Washington, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1988
- Washington State Bar Association (Member)
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Better Business Bureau of Western Washington (Member)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Member)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association (Guardianship & Friend Committee)
- Tacoma Family Counseling Service (Board of Directors)
- Child Guidance Association
- Ballet Tacoma
- Tacoma Mountaineers, 1991 - 1996 (Member)
- Alberta Social Services, Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada, Social Worker, 1975 - 1981
- Oregon Public Welfare, LeGrande, Oregon, Financial Services Social Worker & Supervisor for Union & Wallowa Counties, 1972 - 1975
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington, 1987
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
Honors: Early Entry Achievement Scholarship
Honors: Externship-Thurston County Superior Court
- Boise State University, Boise, Idaho, 1983
M.P.A., Master of Public Administration
Honors: Whittenberg Fellowship
Honors: Departmental Nomination - Top Student of the Class
- Eastern Oregon State College, La Grande, Oregon, 1971
B.S., Bachelor of Sociology/Anthropology
Honors: State Scholarship Recipient
6404 N. Five Views Rd. Tacoma, WA 98407
- (253) 761-9516
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.