Enter legal issue and location
Roseland Serious Personal Injury Lawyer
About Shelley L. Stangler
Current Employment Position(s)
- Attorney, since 1982
Year Joined Firm
- Serious Personal Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Work Related Accidents
- School & Police Misconduct
- Civil Rights
- Education Law
- Special Education
- Employment Discrimination
- Defective Machinery & Products
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
- Brain Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Motor Vehicle Accidents - Plaintiff
- Legal Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Worker Compensation
- New York, 1982
- New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers) (Board of Governors)
- Women Lawyers of Union County (Past President)
- American Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Jacoby and Meyers, Newark, New Jersey, Managing Attorney Personal Injury New Jersey, 1989 - 1999
- Bloom, Borenstein, Hess and Stangler, Springfield, New Jersey, Principal, July 1, 1987 - November 30, 1989
- Corporation Counsel of the City of New York [Tort Division], Senior Trial Attorney, September 1, 1981 - May 31, 1987
- New York State Commission of Taxation and Finance, Legal Aide - Tax Appeals Bureau, July 1, 1980 - May 1, 1981
- Magistrate Harold Raby, United States District Court, Southern District of New York, Student Clerk, September 1, 1979 - June 30, 1980
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, June, 1981
Honors: Rank - Top 25%
Honors: Moot Court Society
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A., June, 1977
Honors: summa cum laude
105 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 401 Roseland, NJ 07068
Other Sources of Feedback About Shelley L. Stangler
Included on the 2024 New Jersey list
- 2023 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2020 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
Disclosure: No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the 'Super Lawyers Selection Process' for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.