Seattle Family Law Firm
Goldberg Jones is a firm of Seattle Divorce Lawyers serving the greater Puget Sound Area. Our family law attorneys are focused on serving the men and fathers of Snohomish, King, and Pierce County.
Our team of Seattle divorce lawyers is knowledgeable, aggressive, and meticulous in protecting your rights under Washington family law and Washington divorce law. Whether you need a divorce attorney because you have been served papers, or would like to consult with a divorce lawyer to better understand men’s rights and Washington fathers’ rights, call Goldberg Jones for more information.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.