Enter legal issue and location
Nashville Data Security and Privacy Lawyer
About Christopher M. Was
Current Employment Position(s)
- Data Security and Privacy
- Estate Administration/Probate
- Estate/Trust Fiduciary Litigation
- Estates and Trusts
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- State and Local Tax
- Tax Controversy
- Tax Exempt Organizations
- Taxation of Businesses
- Wealth Transfer Planning (Domestic)
- District of Columbia, 1980
- Tennessee, 1983
- Virginia, 1973
- Nashville Bar Association (Member)
- Tennessee Bar Association (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- How to Keep RAC on Track and in Bounds, Medical Group Management Association of Mississippi, November, - 2009
- RAC Attack- Are You Ready?, Tennessee Medical Group Management Association, September, - 2009
- Reorganizations and Affiliations of Exempt Organizations, National Business Institute Webinar, September 1, 2010 - Present
- Reorganizations and Affiliations of Exempt Organizations, TSCPA, March 1, 2012 - Present
- Reorganizations and Affiliations of Exempt Organizations, Aging Services of Washington Partnership Summit, April 1, 2010 - Present
- Civil Division, United States Department of Justice, Trial Attorney, 1974 - 1977
- United States Department of Energy, Deputy Assistant General Counsel, 1980 - 1983
- Board of Zoning Appeals, Oak Hill, Tennessee, Member, 1985 - 2001
- Represents the largest community-based nonprofit provider of behavioral health services in the country, with operations in Tennessee and Indiana
- Advises numerous nonprofit behavioral health providers in Tennessee with respect to managed care contracting, Medicaid Program and compliance matters.
- Advises numerous nonprofit clients regarding federal exempt organization tax law and general nonprofit corporate law issues.
- Advises healthcare clients with respect to antitrust compliance.
- Handles federal and Tennessee State tax law controversies for a variety of clients
- Advised several exempt organizations with respect to reorganization of their corporate structures to pursue long term strategic goals.
- Handled the defense of False Claims Act prosecutions brought by federal and state governmental authorities against healthcare providers.
- Represented numerous providers in managed care contract negotiations and payment disputes with managed care organizations and other payers.
- Advises clients with respect to estate planning matters
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1973
Law Review: William and Mary Law Review, Member
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1983
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania, 1970
- “Managed Care Contracting from the Provider’s Perspective,”, TAHC Annual Conference , April , 2012
- How to Keep RAC on Track and in Bounds,”, Medical Group Management Association of Mississippi, November , 2009
- “RAC Attack- Are You Ready?,”, TN Medical Group Management Association , September, 2009
The Pinnacle at Symphony Place150 3rd Avenue SouthSuite 1600 Nashville, TN 37201
- (615) 651-6701
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.