Enter legal issue and location
Rutland Adoption Lawyer
About Robert S. Pratt
Current Employment Position(s)
- Business Successions
- Closely Held Businesses
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Condominiums & Cooperatives
- Corporate Taxation
- Elder Law
- Employment Contracts -- Employee
- Employment Contracts -- Employer
- Estate & Gift Taxation
- Estate Administration
- Formation & Business Planning
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Joint Ventures
- Lending & Secured Transactions
- Limited Liability Companies
- Living Wills
- Non-profit & Tax-exempt Organizations
- Powers of Attorney and Appointment
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Secured Transactions
- Shareholders' Rights
- Vermont, 1975
- Rutland Mental Health (Board of Directors, President)
- Rutland Regional Medical Center (Board of Directors)
- Lake Dunmore-Fern Lake Owners Association (Board of Directors, President)
- American Cancer Society (Local Board, President)
- Forest Watch (Board of Directors)
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 1977
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, 1975
- Brown University, Providence, RI, USA, 1971
- University of Denver College of Business, Denver, CO, USA, 1974
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Kappa Psi
Accepts Credit Cards
64 North Main StreetUS Route 7 NorthPost Office Drawer 280 Rutland, VT 05702- 0280
- (802) 775-6483
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
Other Sources of Feedback About Robert S. Pratt
Included on the 2021 New England list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.