Enter legal issue and location
Cape Elizabeth Zoning and Land Use Law Law Firm
I specialize in cases involving municipal and State action, but I also frequently represent clients in other areas, excluding only criminal law, domestic relations, and bankruptcy.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Law Offices of David A. Lourie
Previous Law Firm Name
- Desmond & Cooper, P.A.
- Zoning and Land Use Law 30%
- Property Tax Abatement and Eminent Domain Takings 20%
- Administrative Appeals to Maine Courts Under Rule 80B or 80C 30%
- Civil rights, Civil Liberties and Other Litigation 20%
- Maine Civil Liberties Union 2002 Justice Louis Scolnick Award for Exceptional Work in Furthering the Cause of Civil Liberties, 2002
- NAACP Portland Branch 2001 Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Service Award, 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- American Civil Liberties Union of Maine Legal Panel and Cooperating Attorney
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People - Chair of Legal Redress Committee
- JER, Inc.
- VIP Plaza Inc.
- Royal River Natural Foods
- Town of Baldwin, Maine
- Town of Parsonsfield, Maine
Offers Free Initial Consultation
189 Spurwink Avenue Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107- 9604
Law Offices of David A. Lourie (Main Office) 189 Spurwink Avenue Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107 207-799-4922
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.