Enter legal issue and location
Blackstone Family Law Lawyer
About William M. Ryan Esq.
Current Employment Position(s)
- Sole Practitioner
- Family Law
- Business Organizations
- Estate Planning
- Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney
- Government Agencies and Programs
- Probate, Estate Administration and Guardianship
- Real Estate Law
- State, Local and Municipal Law
- Rhode Island, 1993
- Massachusetts, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1992
- Worcester County Bar Association, January 1, 1993 - Present (Member)
- Rhode Island Bar Association, January 1, 1994 - Present (member)
- Real Estate Bar Association, January 1, 2000 - Present (member)
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors - Community Care Alliance
- Board of Directors - Mount St. Charles Academy
- Board of Directors - CYO of Northern RI, Inc.
- Alumni Council, Stonehill College
- Law Office of Oscar J. Ryan, Associate
- New England Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Rhode Island College, Providence, RI, U.S.A.
Master of Arts
- Stonehill College, Easton, MA, U.S.A.
Honors: cum laude
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Massachusetts
- Notary Public - Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Accepts Credit Cards
44 Main St. Blackstone, MA 01504- 2205
- (508) 883-1967
By appointment. Evening hours available Monday-Thursday
- American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Trial Practice, 1992
- St. Paul's Parish Council Appreciation Award, 2001
- BMAA, Inc. Humanitarian Award, 2004
- Blackstone-Millville Youth Basketball League, Inc.'s Sponsor of the Year, 2005
- NRI Community Services, Inc.'s Outstanding Community Service Award, 2007
- Elected to the Honor Roll of NRI Community Services, Inc., 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award, 2015
- Companions On The Journey Award From The Diocese of Providence, Rhode Island, 2017
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.