Enter legal issue and location
- Arthur I Aronoff (Senior Counsel)
- Michael P Borofsky (Attorney Advisor)
- Pamela P Breed (Deputy Chief Counsel)
- Kathleen M Carver (Senior Attorney)
- John Keith Dickerson (Senior Commercial Law Advisor)
- Brian D Digiacomo (Attorney Advisor)
- Andrea E K Druckman (Attorney Advisor)
- Thomas H Fine (Senior Counsel)
- Harrison S Ford III (Attorney Advisor)
- Philip C Freije (Acting Chief Counsel)
- Billie J Grey (Attorney Advisor)
- John F Hall Jr. (Attorney)
- Jeffrey B. Harrington
- F Jefferson Hughes (General Attorney)
- Fred Kopatich (Attorney Advisor)
- Eleanor R Lewis (Chief Counsel)
- David Maggi (Senior Counsel)
- Thomas Magnetti (General Attorney)
- John T Masterson Jr. (Chief Counsel for Industry and Security)
- Alice H McKenna (Attorney Advisor)
- Walter J McLellan (Senior Attorney)
- Timothy D Persons (Attorney Advisor)
- John H Raubitschek (Patent Counsel)
- Donald J Reed
- Rebecca M Reese (Attorney Advisor)
- Kimberly Richardson (Attorney, Employment and Labor Law Division)
- Rachel A Shub (Attorney Advisor)
- Frances C Silva (General Attorney)
- Lisa R Sockett (Legislative Attorney)
- Tina M Stikas (Senior Counsel)
- Kathleen J Taylor (Chief)
- Beth Vanhanswyk (Legislative Attorney)
- Jedd Barry Vertman (Attorney)
- Arthur A Warren
- Arthur R Watson (Senior Counsel)
- Linda A Wells (Director)
- Kathleen M Whalen (Attorney Advisor)
- William C Yue (Senior Counsel)
1401 Constitution Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20230
U.S. Department of Commerce 14th & Const Ave NW Washington, DC 20520 (202) 482-5394
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.