Enter legal issue and location
New York Litigation/Controversy Lawyer
About Douglas Curtis
Current Employment Position(s)
- Business Trial Group
- Securities Litigation
- Investigations and Criminal Litigation
- Litigation and Enforcement
- Dismissal of Claims Against Saudi Prince Affirmed in Case Stemming from 9/11 ,(US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit )
- Merrill Lynch Investment Managers ,(US District Court for the District of New Jersey )
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1988
Honors: magna cum laude
Law Review: Harvard Law Review, Treasurer
- Harvard University, 1984
- Paris Institute of Political Studies, 1985
7 World Trade Center250 Greenwich Street New York, NY 10007
Other Sources of Feedback About Douglas Curtis
Included on the 2022 New York Metro list
- 2021 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2020 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2019 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2018 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2017 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2016 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2015 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2014 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2013 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2012 New York — Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2011 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2006 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.