Enter legal issue and location
Omaha Commercial Litigation Lawyer
About Joseph E. Jones
Current Employment Position(s)
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Insurance Defense & Self-Insured Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Telecommunications Law
- Commercial Trucking Defense
- Federal Court Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1990
- Nebraska, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 1979
- American Bar Association, - 1979
- Nebraska State Bar Association, - 1979
- Nebraska State Bar Association - Chairman of the Litigation Section, 1991 - 1993
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- Omaha Bar Association, - 1979
- Defense Research Institute (Member)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association (Member, Fellow)
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association, Litigation Section (Chairman)
- Gross & Welch, Practice Concentrated in Insurance Defense Litigation, 1979 - 1982
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska, 1979
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, 1976
B.A. Business Administration
Accepts Credit Cards
409 South 17th Street500 Energy Plaza Omaha, NE 68102- 2603
- (402) 341-8290
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Outstanding Lawyers in America
- The Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation and Litigation - Construction sections
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers (Litigation: General Commercial, Litigation: Insurance)
- Selected to Super Lawyers, practice areas of Business Litigation, Construction Litigation, and Personal Injury Defense: General, 2007 - 2014
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.