Enter legal issue and location
Albany Medical Malpractice Lawyer
About Robin Bartlett Phelan
Current Employment Position(s)
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
- Negligence Defense
- Medical Licensure Defense (OPMC/OPD)
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1984
- New York State Bar Association, 1984 - Present (Member, Special Committee on Medical Malpractice)
- Albany County Bar Association, 1990 - Present (Member)
- American Bar Association, 1984 - Present (Member)
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, 1989 - Present (Member)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Defense Research Institute (Member)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Member)
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (Member)
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- State University of New York College, Oneonta, New York
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Honors: High Honors
300 Great Oaks BoulevardSuite 315 Albany, NY 12203
- (518) 640-6955
Other Sources of Feedback About Robin Bartlett Phelan
Included on the 2023 Upstate New York list
- 2022 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2012 New York Super Lawyers Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2008 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- Williams Prize, 1983
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.