Nashville General Civil and Trial Practice in all Courts Law Firm
Beginning in the early 1950s, Farris Bobango has built its reputation by consistently delivering outstanding results to our clients. Farris Bobango is the exclusive Memphis member of Meritas, an integrated, non-profit alliance of more than 175 independent commercial law firms, serving 235 markets, with more than 7,000 lawyers within the USA and in more than 60 other countries.
From our Memphis and Nashville offices, we serve local, regional and nationwide clientele. In the Memphis office our largest practice areas are state and federal litigation, advocacy with local government, zoning, bankruptcy, environmental law, commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities, capital formation, venture capital, banking, health care, business planning, securities, tax and real estate transactions. Our Nashville office near the Legislative Plaza emphasizes lobbying, government relations, administrative law and litigation services.
Your business needs a law firm that knows how to listen to you and formulate creative, yet practical legal strategies tailored to your specific business.
We are that firm.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.