Enter legal issue and location
Houston Admiralty & Maritime Law Lawyer
About Roger A. Rider
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Consumer Protection
- Business Organizations
- Class Actions -- Plaintiff
- Nursing Home
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Toxic Torts
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam
- Commercial and Personal Injury Litigation
- General Civil Trial Law
- Products Liability Law
- Texas, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
Specialties and Certifications
- Civil Trial, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1995
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, 1980 - 1981 (President)
- Houston Bar Association, 1981 - 1986 (Director)
- Houston Bar Association, 1990 - 1991 (Secretary)
- CLE Task Force, State Bar of Texas, 1986 - Present (Member)
- State Bar of Texas, 1995 - 1998 (Member, Law Focused Education Committee)
- American Bar Association, Torts and Insurance Practice Section (Member)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Advocate)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Member)
- Texas Bar Foundation (Sustaining Life Fellow)
- Houston Bar Foundation (Life Fellow)
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation (Fellow)
- College of the State Bar of Texas (Member)
- Board of Directors of the Inns of Court Club, 1985 - 1991 (Member)
- Board of Directors of the Inns of Court Club, 1989 - 1991 (Chairman)
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- American Association for Justice (Member)
- Texas Association of Civil Trail and Appellate Specialists (Member)
- Gulf Coast Legal Foundation, 1979 - 1984 (Director)
Classes and Seminars
- Presenter, Advanced Civil Discovery, University of Houston Law Center, 1991
- Presenter, Advanced Civil Discovery, University of Houston Law Center, 1992
- Presenter, Civil Litigation Seminar, Gulf Coast Legal Foundation, 1995
- Presenter, Advanced Business Litigation, Pleadings-Special Exceptions; University of Houston Law Center, 1996
- Presenter, Advanced Civil Discovery, Selected Business Torts, University of Houston Law Center, 1998
- Presenter, Sanctions for Discovery Abuse, University of Houston Law Center
- Presenter, Sanctions for Discovery Abuse, Nursing Home Negligence for Professional Systems (Orlando), 2000
- Presenter, Sanctions for Discovery Abuse, Nursing Home Negligence for Professional Systems (Las Vegas), 2000
- Presenter, Sanctions for Discovery Abuse, Nursing Home Negligence for Professional Systems (Houston, Dallas and Austin), 2001
- Presenter, Hurricane Ike, Bad Faith Claims, South Texas Law Insurance Symposium, 2009
- Presenter, Sanctions for Discovery Abuse, Nursing Home Negligence for Professional Systems (Houston, Dallas and San Antonio), 2000
- United States Marine Corps, 1966 - 1968
- United States Marine Corps, Republic of Vietnam, 1967 - 1968
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1974
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: With High Honors
Honors: Chief, Order of the Barons Honor Society, 1974
Law Review: Houston Law Review, Editor, 1974
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas, 1971
Accepts Credit Cards
4615 Southwest FreewaySuite 600 Houston, TX 77027
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.