Stillwater Estate Planning, Wills & Trusts Lawyer
HAL WM. ELLIS practices in the areas of business organizations, tax-exempt organizations, trusts and probate, estate and tax planning and tax deferred exchanges. Mr. Ellis received his B.B.A. (concentration in Accounting) and M.B.A. degrees from the University of Central Oklahoma and his J.D. degree from the University of Oklahoma. He is a former member of the Professional Responsibility Tribunal, State of Oklahoma (1981-88). Mr. Ellis is a former member of the Court on the Oklahoma Judiciary, Appellate Division and a current member of the Payne County (President, 1986), Oklahoma and American Bar Associations; he was a member of the Board of Governors of the Oklahoma Bar Association from 1993-1995; he is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and former Trustee President of the Oklahoma Bar Foundation. Mr. Ellis is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel where he served as the State Chair of Oklahoma.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.