Enter legal issue and location
White Plains Employment Law Lawyer
About Jane Bilus Gould
Current Employment Position(s)
- Founding partner
- Employment Law
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Wage and Hour claims
- Employee Discipline/Termination
- Employer Best Practices to prevent claims
- Severance Agreements
- Commercial Transactions
- Civil Rights
- Student Discipline
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1974
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association, 1987 - 1989 (President)
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association, 1986 - 1987 (Vice President)
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association, 1983 - 1985 (Corresponding Secretary)
- Westchester Women's Bar Association, Member, Judicial Screening and Program Committees, Member
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Member, 1987 - 1993 (Board of Directors)
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1973
Honors: With Honors
- University of Pennsylvania, 1970
Honors: cum laude
222 Bloomingdale Road White Plains, NY 10605
Other Sources of Feedback About Jane Bilus Gould
Included on the 2023 New York Metro list
- 2022 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2021 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2020 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2019 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2018 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2017 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2016 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2015 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2014 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2013 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.