Enter legal issue and location
Denver Criminal Defense Law Firm
OverviewWe request telephone contact rather than email due to the highly confidential nature of the work that we do.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Craig L Truman
- Criminal Defense 100%
- Best Lawyers in America, 1987 - 2016
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2006 - 2016
- Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, 1990 - 2016
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- University of Denver College of Law - Outstanding Ethical Conduct Award, 2004
- Fellow, American Board of Criminal Lawyers, 1997
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, 1996
- First Annual Defender Service Excellence Award, National Legal Aid & Defender Association, 1982
- Best Law Firms in Colorado - 2017
Classes and Seminars
- Throughout his career, Mr. Truman has always been in high demand as a speaker and teacher, and the following list represents only a small percentage of the total of his speaking and teaching engagements.
- Defense Perspective, 18th Judicial District Attorney & Douglas County Sheriff Courtroom Training, 2015
- A View from the Dark Side - A Defense Lawyer's Perspective, Ralston House, 2015
- 40th Annual Rocky Mountain Vehicle Crimes Training Seminar, Arapahoe County, Colorado, 2014
- What Happens in the Courtroom at Sentencing, State Court Administrators New Judges' Orientation, 2014
- View from the Defense: Welcome to the Jungle, Jefferson County New Detectives Training, 2014
- The Defense Perspective, Jefferson County Citizens' Academy, 2013
- Scaling the Mountains of Fraud, International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators, 2013
- Advanced New Judge Orientation re: Sentencing Considerations, Office of the State Court Administrator, 2013
- Cross Examination, Denver District Attorney's Office, 2013
- Quarterly Training, Boulder Police Department, Colorado Homicide Investigators' Association, 2013
- 2012 Annual Training Conference, Colorado State Investigators' Association, 2012
- Prosecutor on Trial: The Rule of Law or Unfettered Discretion, Colorado Bar Association CLE, 2012
- Evidence for the Civil & Criminal Practitioner & Special Evidentiary Issues of Criminal Law, Colorado Bar & Denver Bar Association CLE, 2012
- Ethics & Professionalism, Colorado Bar & Denver Bar Association CLE, 2012
- Sentencing Considerations, Colorado State Judicial Department, New Judge Orientation and Training, 2011 - 2012
- Faculty, Criminal Defense Program, Western Trial Advocacy Institute, Laramie, WY, 2002 - 2010
- Preventing Legal Malpractice, Colorado Bar & Denver Bar Association CLE, 2010
- Voir Dire Done Right, Colorado State Judicial Conference, 2009
- Criminal Defense Clinic; Legal Ethics Symposium, University of Denver School of Law, 2003 - 2005
- Adjunct Professor, University of Denver College of Law, 1986 - 2000
- Adjunct Professor, University of Colorado School of Law, 1984 - 1985
- Major Case Course, Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office, 2016
- Craig L. Truman (Sole Practitioner)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
1772 Platte Street2nd Floor Denver, CO 80202
- (303) 595-9505
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.