Richard F. Prentis Jr. - Durham, NC
4 Consultant PlDurham, NC 27707
Durham Business and Corporate Law, Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Commercial and Residential Real Estate Lawyer
Mr. Prentis earned degrees from Duke University (1968) and the University of North Carolina School of Law (1972). He is licensed to practice law in both North Carolina and Florida. Mr. Prentis handles Commercial and Residential Real Estate, Probate and Estate Planning, Business and Corporate Law, and Estate Administration. Mr. Prentis has been a seminar speaker on the subjects of real estate, bankruptcy and legal ethics, and is an instructor for the American Institute of Banking.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.