Enter legal issue and location
Jacksonville Family Law Lawyer
About Thomas D. McNamara
Current Employment Position(s)
- Senior Partner
- Family Law
- North Carolina, 1993
Specialties and Certifications
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law, North Carolina State Bar, 2001
- Onslow County Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina (Member, Family Law Section) Bar Association
- Onslow County Bar Association, President, 2011 - 2012
Pro Bono Activities
- First Baptist Church, Deacon and as a Member and Chairman of the Finance Committee
- Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve
- Retired 2003
- Thomas J. Pitman Law Office in Jacksonville, North Carolina, Associate
- McNamara Law Firm, Solo Practitioner
- McNamara & Smith, PLLC., Partner
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina, May, 1993
- U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, 1977
Major: Physical Science
Accepts Credit Cards
309 New Bridge St. Jacksonville, NC 28540
Monday to Friday: 8:00AM –5:00PM
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.