Harrisburg Employment Law Firm
Elliot A. Strokoff and James L. Cowden have been practicing law together since 1974. We formed Strokoff & Cowden, P.C. in 1987 as a small firm with enough experience, personnel, and resources to serve statewide clients, yet small enough to provide individual attention. We are proud that other law firms from within and outside of Pennsylvania contact us for our expertise and assistance on special matters. While we are pleased to count among our clients important associations, businesses, lawyers, judges and community leaders, all of our clients, from all walks of life, receive our personal and dedicated legal counsel and representation. We do not shy away from challenging cases. We have, through the years, represented a number of underdogs in efforts to try to establish new legal precedents. If you read some of the cases summarized in the Case Sampling, you should get some indication of the depth and breadth of our legal experience and skills.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.