Enter legal issue and location
Traverse City Auto and Motorcycle Injuries and Accidents Law Firm
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Thompson O'Neil, P.C.
Previous Law Firm Name
- Thompson, O'Neil & VanderVeen, P.C.
- Dettmer, Thompson, and Parsons, P.C.
- Auto and Motorcycle Injuries and Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Claims
- Employment Claims
- Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Employment Law - Employee
- Million Dollar Advocate Forum Member both George Thompson and Daniel O'Neil
- Listed in Michigan "Superlawyers", 2006 - 2012
- Board-Certified in Civil Trial Practice by National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1991 - 2012
- National Finalist Primerus Community Service Award, 2003 - Present
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, Highest "AV" Rating, 1997 - 2012
- Invited Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, Invitation-only Honorary Trial Lawyer Society
- Past Member and Chair of Traverse City Planning Commission
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- American Association for Justice Negligence and Litigation
- American Constitution Society
- "Trespassing on the Recreational Users Act", Michigan Bar Journal, Vol. 61, No. 9, 1982
- "An Open Letter to the Committee on Standard Jury Instructions", Michigan Bar Journal, 1981
- "Drivers Can't Rely on just Lights and Siren" Traverse City Record Eagle, March 5, 2006
Classes and Seminars
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 1985 - Present
- Upper Michigan Legal Institute
- Michigan Trial Lawyers Association Annual Meetings, 1982 - 2004
- Upper Michigan Legal Institute, State Bar of Michigan, 2012 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Third Level Crisis Center, Legal Aid Clinic; Traverse City, Ml
- The Primerus Society awarded George Thompson with National Community Service Award, 2002 - Present
- Board Member and Chairman of Grand Traverse-Leelanau Community Mental Health, 1996 - 2003
- Founding member of Munson Manor Executive Board, 1986 - 2001
- Argean Baird, Paralegal
- Loriann Tanis, Paralegal
Offers Free Initial Consultation
309 East Front Street Traverse City, MI 49684
8 am - 5 pm
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.