Bangor Personal Injury Law Firm
Lanham Blackwell & Baber, PA, in Bangor, Maine has the reputation and tradition to provide premium legal services to clients who have been injured through no fault of their own. Our attorneys handle all types of personal injury cases from wrongful death suits, to products liability cases, to premises liability cases and motor vehicle accident claims.
Our attorneys are totally committed to doing the best for you. The upheaval and uncertainty that follows an accident of any kind is bad enough, without you having to worry about the legal process. Leave that to us. You will find that we have a distinct approach —one that really works. No case is the same as the one before. Some lawyers forget this. We don't. At Lanham Blackwell & Baber, we have handled enough personal injury cases to know that everything matters. Sometimes it is the small detail, the tiniest piece of evidence that unlocks the key to the settlement you deserve. From property damage to medical bills, from lost wages to damages for pain, suffering and disability, we seek to maximize your personal injury claim before agreeing to any settlement.
Contact us for the personal, professional legal service you deserve. Our attorneys are supported by a dedicated team of paralegals and legal assistants, giving us the resources to keep you fully informed and involved in your case as it progresses.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.